Glossary of Terms
- Water Table
- The level below which the ground is saturated with water.
- An area where the land is saturated by fresh water, such as in a marsh or swamp.
- A natural environment which exists largely untouched by human beings.
- Facing toward the wind.
- Land covered with woods or trees. A woodland has more open space between trees than a forest, allowing more sunlight to penetrate to the ground.
- A streamlined formation of sand or bedrock carved by wind.
- Small animals or animals in an immature life stage which drift or float in the sea.
back to top