Glossary of Terms
- Water Table
- The level below which the ground is saturated with water.
- An area of land which separates flowing water into different rivers, lakes. basins or seas.
- An area where the land is saturated by fresh water, such as in a marsh or swamp.
- A natural environment which exists largely untouched by human beings.
- Land covered with woods or trees. A woodland has more open space between trees than a forest, allowing more sunlight to penetrate to the ground.
- The U.S. state located north of Oregon, west of Idaho and south of the Canadian province of British Columbia. The Pacific Ocean is located on its western border.
- Denoting an animal which is able to maintain a constant body temperature regardless of the temperature of its surroundings. (Homeothermic)
back to top