Glossary of Terms
- The layer of vegetation located closest to the ground, beneath a forest canopy.
- Land or an area of land lying above the level where water flows or where flooding occurs.
- Unique Outliers
- Data points that are numerically much different than the rest.
- In geology, the creation of a mountain or island by the upward movement of the earth’s surface.
- The rising of nutrient-rich sea water.
- When human population shifts cause an increase in the size and expanse of cities and towns, often destroying or substanitally changing surrounding wild areas.
back to top