Glossary of Terms
- A body of water separated from the open sea by a sandbank or a reef.
- The sliding or falling of a mass of earth and rock from a mountain or hillside, often as the result of heavy precipitation or earthquake.
- Lateral Line
- A series of sensory organs in some aquatic animals, including fish, that allows them to sense movement in the water around them.
- A structure containing a light used to guide ships at sea or warn them away from dangerous coastal areas.
- The distance of a place north or south of the Earth's equator.
back to top