Category: Aquarium Announcement
On August 5th, 2017, learn about the unique species that call our rocky shores home and their adaptations for surviving in their ever-changing habitat! During this interactive workshop you will gain an understanding and appreciation for these amazing coastal creatures, and practice strategies for teaching about them, both in the classroom and at the beach.
• Learn about the biology, ecology, current issues, and human dimensions of tidepool ecosystems
• Explore local field sites with scientific experts
• Practice student activities with facilitation techniques modeled by education experts
• Receive our Teacher’s Guide to Exploring Oregon’s Rocky Shores, including step-by-step instructions and resources for facilitating classroom activities, field investigations, and a visit to the Aquarium.
• Receive ongoing support for implementation back in the classroom
This workshop is FREE for licensed Oregon teachers! To learn more and register, click here. Space is limited, so sign up ASAP!
Contact Sara Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org