The Youth Correspondents Program is currently full and no longer accepting applications. Please check back later for announcements of additional openings.
• You must be 14 to 20 years in age.
• You must complete the online application at the bottom of this page.
• You (or your guardian if you are under 18) must print out, sign and return the Oregon Coast Aquarium’s Release Waiver and Medical Information form which can be downloaded from the righthand sidebar.
• You must complete a short phone or in-person interview with the Oregon Coast Aquarium’s Manager of Education Innovation.
• You should have access to your own transportation.
• You must be reliable, respond to email or phone messages promptly and keep scheduled appointments.
Websites are a visual medium, so our youth volunteers are extensively involved in the production of videos, photo features and written articles for use online. Because of the nature of this work, it is helpful to have the following interests and abilities.
• Be comfortable working in front of a camera, engaging with others and speaking confidently.
• Be comfortable working outdoors in various types of weather conditions.
• Be comfortable with physical activities which may include walking, hiking or standing for long periods of time.
• Be outgoing, creative and inquisitive.
• If you have interests in drama, journalism, photography, travel, science or sports this may be a great opportunity for you!
• Activities may involve interviewing, discussing, learning from or working with various scientists, educators, conservation experts and others. Most of these experiences will take place on camera and may require the volunteer to function like a journalist.
• Opportunities will arise on a variable schedule throughout the month and may require the volunteer to be flexible.
Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Monday through Friday during regular business hours at (541) 867-3474, Ext, 5314.