WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS PROGRAM FROM OREGON YOUTH, AGES 14-17.
• You must between 14 and 17 years in age.
• Read over the information about the Aquarium’s volunteer programs. Then complete the online application by clicking here.
• Prior to acceptance, you must complete a short phone or in-person interview with the Oregon Coast Aquarium’s Youth Programs Coordinator and the Manager of Education Innovation.
• You should have access to your own transportation.
• You must be reliable, respond to email or phone messages promptly, and keep scheduled appointments.
Websites are a visual medium, so our youth volunteers are extensively involved in the production of videos, photo features and written articles for use online. Because of the nature of this work, it is helpful to have the following interests and abilities.
• Be comfortable working in front of a camera, engaging with others and speaking confidently.
• Be comfortable working outdoors in various types of weather conditions.
• Be comfortable with physical activities which may include walking, hiking or standing for long periods of time.
• Be outgoing, creative and inquisitive.
• If you have interests in drama, journalism, photography, travel, science or sports this may be a great opportunity for you!
• Most of our activities take place on Oregon’s Central Coast (Lincoln City to Waldport area) or in the central Willamette Valley (Salem, Corvallis, Eugene areas).
• Activities may involve interviewing, discussing, learning from or working with various scientists, educators, conservation experts and others. Most of these experiences will take place on camera and may require the volunteer to function like a journalist.
• Youth Correspondents may work on short projects or long-term projects, including the production of our Oceanscape Explorer video newsmagazine.
• Opportunities will arise on a variable schedule throughout the month and may require the volunteer to be flexible.
Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Monday through Friday during regular business hours at (541) 867-3474.